Thursday, March 10, 2011

[News] G.NA "Thanks for calling me 'Golden Body Terminator'...I'll Tell You My Exercise Tips via Twitter"




[AsiaToday = Moon Yunbae]

With her attractive height of 169cm, a long lower half and a small face, singer G.NA is being called the ‘golden body terminator.’ She has been receiving a good reaction to her comeback with her first full-length album ‘Black & White.’

The meaning of G.NA’s album is quite different. It’s because she released a full-length album before her other company seniors, BEAST and 4minute, who are promoting overseas. Being an artist with both looks and talent, it was also to the consideration of the company.

Because of this, G.NA raised the bar higher. She collaborated with staff, writing the songs, recording the guide songs herself and spending her nights in the recording studio and practice rooms.

The album title and title track name, ‘Black & White,’ is used as a metaphor for a girl and a boy with personalities different as black and white. It is a love story where they are so different, that they have no choice but to be together. The song is attractive with its playful synth sound and strong rock elements, which match with G.NA’s powerful yet delicate vocals. Because singer Onion personally wrote the song, the perfection of this song was raised.

With this album, G.NA made a 180-degree transformation into a bright and cute look, unlike her previous album where she carried a charismatic and cold image. Her especially varying laughter and smiling have caused the fans to call ‘Laugh G.NA(G.NA, who looks beautiful when smiling).’

>You are causing much fist-clenching about your body, which us glamorous enough for you to be called ‘golden body terminator.’

“I am really thankful that they say that I’m sexy. When they not only have interest in my looks but also in my music, I enjoy that even more. I am getting the will to exercise as much as the amount of interest I get so I can create a lovely look. Lately my fans have been asking me about body maintenance tips and I let them know exercise tips. Because of my body, I am communicating naturally with my fans (laughter).”

>It’s the release of your first full-length album. It seems that the meaning is different.

“I am thankful to my boss, Hong Seungsong, who allowed me to release a full-length album before the other company teams. While preparing for my album, I almost lived in the recording studio and practice room and bothered my producer-oppa and my manager(laughter). That’s why a lot of my opinions were reflected in this album but like people say, I worked carefully ‘stitch by stitch’ to make this album.”

>You show a bubbly look for this album. Is this more similar to your normal image?

“Any girl would think they have aegyo. There are times when expressing it in a bolder way is difficult. There are people who find my brightly smiling look awkward because my last album gave me a more charismatic look. Breaking out of things like that has become a homework assignment for me. I’ll work hard to hear people say that I match well with whatever concept I portray.”

>Last year, you won first place as soon as you debuted last year with ‘I’ll Back Off So You Can Live Better.’ Because of that, the overwhelming feeling of having to do well with this album must have been huge.

“Honestly it was a bit overwhelming. With my last album, I wasn’t as sensitive to my rank on music sites but now I seem to have been paying more attention to it. On the first day it was revealed, I was disappointed that my song wasn’t among the ranks at all but it went up a little each day. At the end, it reached first place. I truly thank my fans. I’ll shake off my overwhelming feeling and work even harder. Please keep a watch out for me.”

>In your music video, you presented your acting skills. You seem to be proficient at it. Do you, by any chance, have a greed for acting?

“I was a bit embarrassed because it was my first time acting personally. I closed my eyes tightly and did it presumptuously and the people around me said it wa s alright. I don’t know a lot of people but my gaze is capable of telling a hundred stories(laughter). Right now, I want to concentrate on my singing and when I have a chance, I’ll give it a try.”

>Your popularity in Japan and other Asian countries is outstanding. Any plan to promote actively overseas?

“Last year, a concert was held in Singapore and Malaysia where a lot of fans cheered for me and made me feel welcome. I didn’t do any promotions but I heard that my album ranked first place. Being that it was my first stage overseas, I was really nervous and worried a lot but I gained a lot of confidence from all the support. Along with my Korean promotions, if I have the opportunity I want to go out into the world and become a world star.”

{ ⓒ ‘Global Evening Daily Reading’ AsiaToday }

No comments:

Post a Comment